Maybe not the best picture for it, as the guys going to end up pretty wet soon, though a lovely quote from Lao-tzu
So I decided to have a powered down for couple of weeks and catch up on some books. Rather than a background of electronic hum which so used to the only real sound was the birds and the turning over of a page.
Was nice to have a rest from it all and come back stronger than before.
1. Ghostery to block most tracking: https://www.ghostery.com/download
2. Https everywhere to use https for security whenever you can – https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere
3. Lastpass, secure password manager unlike firefoxes password manager that just shows the passwords! – https://lastpass.com/
4. Adblock plus, because it is nicer not being sold to the whole time – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
5. Download helper, download youtube, vimeo and other videos – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/?src=cb-dl-users
6. Download them all, handy for downloading all the images on a page – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/?src=cb-dl-users
Optional geek ones mostly for developers.
7. Firebug, any developer debugger – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/?src=cb-dl-users
8. Google pagespeed, useful for flagging optimisations – https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/using_firefox
9. Yahoo yslow, again optimisation flagging, remember to cache 🙂 – https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/yslow/
Hopefully that’s of use
Every thought isn’t always a masterpiece, should learn to follow the good ones and entertain the crap ones less.
Who am I and why am I here?
Who? I am me, the author of this blog.
Why? I wanted a place to share some writings, thoughts and musings.
Why should anyone care or be interested?
Dunno, hopefully something will be of interest or useful to you or someone along the way.